Monday, November 22, 2010

Susie Homemaker

On Saturday while Dan was in the hot and sticky attic, I was in the air conditioned house hanging curtain rods.  I’ve got lots of curtains ready to be sewn! Money saving tip: Instead of purchasing pricey curtains, the fabric store just might be the place to go.  And if you really look around, you may even be able to find some great sale or clearance fabrics.  In my case, I found great fabrics at $1 to $1.50 a yard. 
Sometime ago I purchased lots of fabric for curtains in my living room, bedroom, and dining room.  I attempted to sew these curtains and ran across many issues with my sewing machine.  There’s a problem with the tension on my machine that I have yet to resolve and if possible seems only to be growing worse.  I sew only a few centimeters and suddenly the thread is knotted and tangled.  At best it is simply a pain, at worst it can cause holes in the fabric.  I finally gave up trying to use my machine and thanks to Aunt Maggie, I went to her house Thursday night to get started on my curtains.  It ended up being a rather helpful trip as she is somewhat a seamstress and years ago worked in her fathers’ upholstery shop.  And she made my life easier with some great tips and help with measurements where my poor math skills were lacking.  Thanks Aunt Maggie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment