Wednesday, November 17, 2010

for the long hall

My house layout is in true 70's fashion; the "common areas" (living room, dining room, kitchen) on one side of the house and all bedrooms and bathrooms on the other. Thanks goodness my house isn't too big one might have to sprint down the hall to make it to the facilities. The bedrooms and bathrooms are on the right down a long narrow hall.

Bentley on Left and Kaycee on right
My hopes for this hallway (yes, I even had hopes for the hallway) were to make it a sort of art gallery. I painted the walls the whitest white long ago in hopes of putting great pictures or art all down the length of it. I even bought canvases in hopes of being the next Picasso, but I've yet to be discovered so they are not hanging on the walls.

What I did find was not too long ago at Target were small wall shelves 11" x 4" on sale (same as the box shelves in the bathroom)! I have hung those along the walls (again with Dan's help since I still cannot hang things straight) alternating one higher, the next lower, the next higher...you get it. Because of bedroom doors along the hall walls there are 4 shelves then a door, then 1 shelf then a door then 2 shelves. On these shelves are 5x7 pictures in colorful (imagine that) frames.

On the other side of the hall there is much less wall space for hanging things because of 3 doors and the air conditioning closet. So all I have space for there is a "Let's got for a walk" sign with 3 hooks for the dogs leashes. (that's  Bentley's favorite wall!)

The very back of the wall displays whatever artwork I hang there at the time (I switched it out every so often) and 4 small elephant tables that I love. They were given to me by a coworker.

With a little paint and a few shelves now even my hallway is personalised and enjoyable!

1 comment:

  1. Really very informative and creative content. This concept is a good way to enhance knowledge. Thanks for sharing.
    House Renovations in Brixton,

    ReplyDelete